Design team portfolio

Welcome back. I have such a fun project to share today. I cant take credit for it, other than its my take on the project. When I was over to Maggi’s in June she has this beautiful DT portfolio she keeps everything in from ideas to deadlines to even products she might need or want, ok or enable others to get. 😉 But of course hers is made from G45 no less. I wanted to do one with my own twist and style. So a little steampunk and grunge and this girl is happy.

This Post is going to be photo heavy. It has two covers and then 4 double sided inserts. Because I needed to make if functional and i need to take it back and forth to work with me, I needed to keep it pretty flat, I have a tendency to really go big at times.


Here is the video:

The folder has two inside pockets and I cut the dividers myself with some heavy cardstock and a punch for the tabs. Using the Mechanical Fantasy Collection from Stamperia I picked out the base papers and fussy cut elements out of the rest. I added a very subtle element of paste with the ledger stencil around the focal points on the paper.

I love the background paper and had trouble just deciding whether or not I wanted to cover it up. With the back of this insert I made a simple little pocket and just added a cut out tag.

I added the Steampunk Seahorse from the store right over the paper one on the next insert just enough to add a little dimension.

Another pocket on the back of the insert and one of the newer gear simple gear flourish‘s to a more elegant touch.

Now if  you remember I saw this project in June and when we went back to Maggi’s in September is when I finally got to start it. I had to find the right album/portfolio with the front pockets for the cover. I ended up getting mine on Amazon although Maggi found hers at Walmart in the school supplies. I bought extra replacement paper also.

I ended up borrowing the Steampunk Octopus from Maggi and had to wait until I got home to finish the seahorse and the dragonfly.

I used some more fear flourishes on the 3rd insert and cut out a smaller dear head for the 4th. Just add the lift with some 1″ gears.

The back of the last page is just gear flourish and small gear to highlight the skull from the paper collection.

I added one simple little gear to the back of the book and added paper to the binding to finish off the project.

This project was so fun. I added a monthly calendar from off line to actually have a calendar I can write on for all my DT deadlines. I know I need to add more of me to the project but as I use it, I will figure more of that out.

I hope you enjoy and are inspired. Thank you for stopping by today. Stay crafty!


Steampunk Octopus

Circuit Stamp

Gears 1″

Gear Flourish

Simple Gear Flourish

Gear 1 1/2″

Ledger Stencil

Stamperia Mechanical Fantasy

This entry was posted in Albums, Altered Art, Creative Embellishments, Mini Album, Mixed Media, Scrapping and Crafting, Stamperia, Video and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply